Re: A86: Manipulation of numerical values of strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Manipulation of numerical values of strings

Correct me if i am wrong, but you want to have a number in a string
(like "22")the convert it to a real, perform a mathematical operation on
it like 5+22, then convert that back into a string, so the final string
would be "27"?
if this is waht you want, to convert a string to real in basic you do
this:
:"45"->A
:St>Eq(A,B)
:B->A
now A holds 45
to convert a real to a string use this code:
:45->A
:LinR {0,1},{A,A}
:Eq>St(RegEq,B)
:sub(B,1,lngth B-3)->A
now A holds "45"
I was going to make an asm program to convert a real to a string and
back but i scrapped it when i found this method.

Keith Batten