Re: A86: Groupies

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Groupies

At 03:14 PM 3/26/98 -0500, you wrote:

>> It subtracts 10 from the FPS. It moves the FPS the same as a pop would, but
>> doesn't do anything with the number that was on top of the stack.
>
>Thanks!  But why does the ROM push OP1 if it's only going to destroy the
>pushed value later?  Take a look at the routine at $598f.  I think that to
get a >working [sqrt]PARSE program you need to restore that value to OP1.

It looks like $598f just saves OP1 so that if it doesn't find a [sqrt]PARSE
variable, it can return without messing anything up. If it _does_ find the
var, it doesn't restore OP1, so I would guess that the [sqrt]PARSE program
is supposed to return something in OP1...haven't looked at any of the
related routines, but I can't think of any other reason why $598f would
just change FPS, rather than popping OP1.

--Joshua