Re: A86: Taking apart the TI-86...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Taking apart the TI-86...

On Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:00:25 +0000 Kyle Anderson <jaasan@hargray.com>
writes:
[snip]
>4.  Could you possibly take apart the processors,
>reconstruct them and put an upgraded version in it
>(with more memory and recourses, faster, etc...)
>(I have a friend that makes processors and stuff
>and is professional)

I doubt you could get more memory in there (and have
it work) without rewriting the ROM.  The Z80 cannot
access more than a certain amount of RAM(I don't
remember the specific number), so page swapping was
implemented on the 86.  It's not impossible, just
very unlikely that you'll be able to just pop in more.

Sincerely,
The Unibomer

Jared Ivey
Unibomer@Juno.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Vista/7342

"Whenever you try to put your head above the crowd, somebody's going to
try to cut it off to make everybody look even." -- Dr. Laura Schlessinger

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]