A86: rst $xx

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: rst $xx

I have a question:  from what I can tell from documentation and earlier
posts, the rst command restarts the z80 processor at a certain location,
the $xx.  But, to me that doesnt make any sense for what these do:
RST $00 power up/reset
RST $08 _OP1TOOP2
RST $10 _FINDSYM
RST $18 $226F=$4828
RST $20 _MOV10TOOP1
RST $28 _FPMULT
RST $30 _FPADD
RST $38 hardware interrupt
Can someone explain to me how and why these commands do what they do.
p.s. thanx to Josh Seagoe for the list of restarts commands.

Robby Gutmann
gutmann@planet-connect.com
ICQ UIN: 724927      Agonostis on IRC

Of course, Ankh-Morpork's citizens had always claimed that the river water
was incredibly pure. Any water that had passed through so many kidneys,
they reasoned, had to be very pure indeed.
	-- (Terry Pratchett, Sourcery)