A86: Re: 89 ASM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: 89 ASM

>Suppose i wanted to learn to program in ASM, but i plan on getting the 89.
>I know the 89 is pretty close to the 92, so would i need to learn 92 ASM,
>or are they all pretty much the same?
>Thanks

If you can program assembly language for one CPU, learning for another is
much easier.
Yes, you will need to learn the Motorolla 68000 asm for the TI-89, since it
does use that
processor. For all other TI-8x calcs, learn Z80. Asm isn't as easy as you
may think..., so unless you have prior experience to other programming
languages (i.e. pascal or c) then jumping into asm isn't a bright idea.

-Matt
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86/