Re: A86: Symbolic differentiation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Ekauq wrote:

> well one thing i would like for it would be if it could do the derivitive of
> any equation, including, inverse trig functions, e, log and ln
>
> also since you're working on the derivitive could you also concider the
> integral, they both go hand in hand
>
> as for the input, you could make a basic program where the user would enter
> the equation into a string and then just run the derivitive program using that
> variable

It would be nice to have it in the form of a user function.  I'm trying to
disassemble the functions in Infstat, but there are too many undocumented calls
and flags.  It might be that your code has to parse the parameters itself.  And if
that is the case, don't expect anything definitive for a long time.

Follow-Ups: References: