Re: A86: Asm Questions that have been building up :)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Thu, 19 Mar 1998, Matt2000 wrote:

> >ZShell was more than just disassembling though...
>
> how so?

It's true that ZShell required a whole lot of disassemblimg to find out
where various ROM routines were, but the program itself was pretty simple.
The important routines were
	1. call a ROM function based on the version number of the calc
	2. call or jump to a location within the program

> Hmm.. I dont think so. I am thinking of the tokens like where a number
> represents a command interpreter instruction, like
[snip]
> what is the purpose of this and how is it useful?

It simplifies parsing the program and makes it shorter, thereby saving
both time and space.

--------
Dan Eble (mailto:eble@cis.ohio-state.edu)
         (http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/~eble)

"Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!" -- James 3:5