Re: A86: Re: idea

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: idea

Trey Jazz wrote:

> it does a for loop that goes through the table

what table?  It probably looks through the VAT.

> and if it finds a name that
> starts with a symbol on the font table less than the symbol in hl (or bc,de)
> it copies the name, location of the program to be moved to the end of the
> table where there is a blank space for each value (ie table length=(number
> of programs+1)x2)

The dynamic menu entries are 10 bytes each.  This is the same as any menu
entry.  The interrupt I wrote (rhino) clears the entry by putting $d6 ($06)  as
the first byte of each entry.  You could make an interrupt that put something
with $05 to get a submenu or $01 to execute code, but then you would have it in
all dynamic menus, and not just the program menu.

> and then it puts in the value that was in the register,
> takes the value from the end of the table, replaces the value where the
> compared program name was

If we were able to adjust the program names menu, we could have it display
programs not usually recognized, like !,#, and the sqrt programs.  You couldn't
parse them, but it would be a neat trick anyways.