Re: A86: Re: Re: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: Change the whole TI-89 operating system?

I fail to see the point of another os on the calc, like Linux, or even DOS
or CP/M.  Really, all you need is a menu to run programs, since it is too
tedius to type lots of os commands on an 86-type keypad.  Besides, you
wouldn't have any math functions.  It'd be a cheap and much less powerful
palmtop/organizer that could run games.

It would be nice to add to the rom (if there's any room left on the chip).
Things like sprite functions and other standard (non math) functions that
now have to be put in shells or libs (or worse, in every program) would save
lots of ram.  How about a built in real assembler and compiler (C?).

David Phillips
electrum@tfs.net