Re: A86: Re: stop

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: stop

At 08:47 PM 3/10/98 -0600, you wrote:

>ok i made (sqrt)KEY (ti docs just confused me so i looked at some code i had
>to make a pic var) but now im still confused about how you are sposed to
>make the program x number of bytes long...does this include the program
>name, variable type, and $00 or is it the data just after it? and also i
>still have no idea how to put data into the program...ti docs are no help.
>anyone?

OK, when you make a program variable, hl is the number of bytes you want
for your program + 2 (because the first two bytes of an asm program are
082e, or somehing). After you call _CREATEPROG, BDE is the absolute address
of the program data area. The best way to put data in a program is probably
to use the routines in ti86abs.inc - that way you don't have to worry about
if your program
runs across two pages.

--Joshua