Re: A86: Re: stop

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: stop

Dux Gregis wrote:

> > Actually, you are both wrong and you are both right :)
> > A "semi-interrupt" routine is called when you set a flag.  Whenever
> a key is
> > pressed, the OS calls this routine, which can tell what mode the
> calc is in by
> > looking some specific byte in memory.
> >
> > Bill
>
>     So, Rascall and the demo program do use a flag then?  (Maybe you
> know which
> one?) :-)
>     What really blows my mind, though, is that Rascall somehow
> overrides the
> memory reset without the user interrupt.  Now that's impressive.

Actually, Rascall and the Demo program both use the same method.  I
can't tell you anything about it (yes, I do know some about it), but the
part that traps the keys is sort of a program.  It's not an interrupt
but it is somewhat similar.  My shell will include this feature, as soon
as I get it completely figured out.

-Jeremy

Follow-Ups: References: