Re: A86: Shell Name

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Shell Name

TurboSoft wrote:

> oh...sorta like those little icons that you see when you open a
> program in
> Windows 95 (through the start button)?

Right.  Icons are meant to _show_ something about the program, and are
not necessarily something you need to click on.  Just look at icons in
Windows and the MacOS--most of them have something to do with the
program and are not just something to click on.  With Win95, the Start
Menu is a list of programs that show a 16x16 icon.  The icon isn't even
needed.  The same would be true with my shell, even though the icon
would be on the description bar.

-Jeremy