A86: Rom Page $D

[Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Rom Page $D

For a long while I was under the impression that the ROM call (or lookup)
table was on ROM Page 1. Of course, now that I am working on my CGI I am
learning a lot about the ROM.

Well, memory address $4000 is swappable from 1-F. So I assume that it starts
out ROM page 1. Is this correct? I also thought that the ROM call table was
there too, but I guess not. I wrote the program below to figure out which
ROM page I was at in the asm program at $4000,  which returned 13 (same as
$D). When I outported to 13 in the emulator and  disassembled the ROM here,
it indeed did look like a table.

 Well, I guess I better correct my tutorials. I am surprised no one e-mailed
me telling saying stuff like "You idiot! You dont know what the hell you are
talking about!! I'm going to bomb you! You do not treat my people like
this!! My friend this is not good business..." Well, many people get these
violent flame urges. Hell, ever since Trent was working on Qbert he has been
more feisty then a disgruntle postal worker ;)

-Matt
http://www.dogtech.com/cybop/ti86

matt2000@gte.net

;---------
#include "ti86asm.inc"

.org _asm_exec_ram

 in a, ($5)
 nop          ;Give it some time to breath - maybe redundant
 nop
 nop
 ld l, a

 ld a, 0