Re: A86: Re: TI's ROM Sux

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: TI's ROM Sux

Where are you getting these times?  z80time.txt is found on Dux's site.

JR:   Asm Studio = 12/1, z80time.txt = 12/7
JP:   Asm Studio = 10/1, z80time.txt = 10/1

Just because all the guys at TI have degrees doesn't mean they can program
better than us.  Programming is more of an art than a science.  John
Carmack of id Software and probably everyone else there don't (I think)
have a degree, where as everyone at Microsoft does.  And this makes
Microsoft better than id Software?  (let's not start an entire thread on id
vs. MS)

At 12:06 PM 6/27/98 -0400, you wrote:

>>> really?  tell ti, they used add
>>
>>I really wonder about the quality of some of their ROM coders...
>>Half the people on the list could do a much better job. They use
>>jp in some of the link port code to move PC up/down less than
>>10 instructions!
>>
>>Was the 8X ROM written in C as well? I believe the 92 ROM was.
>>Then again, if they have a whole ROM chip to play with they
>>can waste as damn much as they want.
>

>JP is faster then JR when no conditions are involved.
>
>When conditions are involved, use JR when there is more of a chance
>that the code will "fall through", else use JP
>
>Trust me, I am sure TI has guys who can program better then us.
>I'm sure all of them have EE or Computer Science degrees. Do you?
>
>Later,
>    Matt

// David Phillips
// mailto:electrum@tfs.net