Re: A86: TI-86 VAT

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: TI-86 VAT

> Yeah, but a program variable's size word _is_ the number of bytes. It's
> only with the math types (matrices, lists, etc.) where you'd need to use
> _get_var_size. Check out the descriptions for the _CREATEvar routines. What
> you pass it in hl basically goes straight into the size word in the variable.

True. But remember that when a variable is created the size word takes
up
memory (2 bytes) as does the VAT entry created -- which can be up to 13
bytes but is at least 6 + the length of the variable name. The ROM shows
this "true" size for all variables, rather than what the size word says.
My question is... would the average user get worried that a program
takes
less or more space on the EII than it does on his calc even though
the program is in tact? (The size will be shown on the list files
on EII option)

--
Bryan Rittmeyer
mailto:bryanr@flash.net