Re: A86: Screen Refresh?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Screen Refresh?

> I was working on a game, well, ok so far all I have is the intro-screen.
> But anyway, on the intro screen I have my e-mail address at the bottom.
> I exit the program,and my graphics are still displayed, since I haven't
> put in a clearscreen yet.  I then press clear, and sometimes my e-mail
> address, which is on the bottom 9 pixels of the screen, doesn't get
> cleared.  Does this have anything to do with the menu area?  If so, why
> does this happen sometimes, and not other times?  (When this strange
> phenomenon happened I had nothing other than my program on the calc.)

If you run an assembly program from the homescreen while a menu is
open, the menu will remain open... even when the program returns.
There is a ROM call to close the menu that's used in all the newer
programs and shells.  If you don't call it, you can press the F keys and
still have them do the defined tasks, even though the menu is "invisible".
Pressing clear will not erase the bottom line.  If you try to write text to
the bottom line in the program, weird things will happen.