Re: A86: Learn ASM? Check these out!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Learn ASM? Check these out!

> The only way to learn asm is to start programming yourself!  You can't
> expect some tutorial to magically place the information in your head.  All
> the reading of code in the world won't make you know it.  Write a hello
> world program.  Understand exactly how it works.  Then write a simple text
> program.  Then do whatever you want.  You have to write code yourself to
> learn how to program.  No tutorial or FAQ can teach you that.  It's up to
you!

A friend of mine taught himself Z80 assembly two years ago by sitting down
and decompiling connect4.85s to a piece of paper.  He recalled the string,
sat down with a Z80 book, and wrote out each line by hand.  He is the best
Z80 asm programmer I have met in real life (and I have met more than 1).