A86: Re: DOWN+LEFT patch

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: DOWN+LEFT patch

>here is a patch, it works, lets you turn calc off, etc. it has been
>hibernating on my hard drive, i forgot to post it. ignore the part about
>it fixing the battery message, it only does that some if any of the
>time. Bryan, post this and the source (both attached). description "DOWN
>+ LEFT Patch 1.0", just like that (please)
>
>oh, and this won't work w/ SQRXZ because it uses IM 2. sorry. you can
>rewrite it to use a _alt_interrupt_exec instead, it shouldn't be TOO
>much slower. get rid of the "ex af,af'" and change all the "jp $0039" to
>"ret"

Cool program. Well, makes my "patch" pretty useless ehh? I spent hours
disassembling the ROM trying to figure out Port 3
and I guess I failed miserably. No one answered any of my questions, I dont
understand what exactly causes an ON interrupt
(other then the ON key), and what exactly causes the down-left bug... I dont
know why two bytes are sent before the interrupt handler ends...thats why I
just tried duplicating the ROM interrupt handler and using the solution
posted by Jimmy Mardell
ealier.. but he never explained *exactly* what caused it in the first place
so I tried to figure it out based on his code. I thought
it was because some how the last two bits maybe interferred with the rrca's?
But I thought that Jimmy's solution involved ignoring the ON key... guess I
will do some more disassembling.. Damn it am I whining again?

Hey Bryan could you remove my "patch" program please.

I am going to check to see the mistakes I made, maybe improve on it so it
can work well with both IM 1 and IM 2 programs..

Dont forget to Keep on pointing out all my mistakes guys... That's how I
learn :-)

Later,
    Matt