Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 13:33 1998-06-01 -0400, you wrote:

>When you get the free time? Heheh, you say that like it is easy. Are you
>really that good? The two true 3d games I know of
>is Daedalus (Andreas Ess) and Labby (Jimmy Mardell). I dont even know if
>labby is truely 3d like Daedulus, but these guys are the best (top 5) Z80
>programmers around.. Are you taking a 3D algorithmic class in college right
>now?

Labby is just fake 3d which is obvious when playing it. All lines
are (of course) precalculated. The actual 3d engine (without enemies)
took only about 700 bytes (that was Labby 1.0) which also was my
first ZShell game ever.

I believe it's very hard to make Daedalus faster; it might be possible
on the 86 using a BIG part of the memory (like 64k...) for multiplication
lookup tables.

--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell                "can't go mucking with a 'void *'"
IRC......: Yarin                                // Apple's MPW C compiler