Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: Re: BG v1.0 grayscale converter is out !

You can take that stuff in college?  I just finshed my junior year in
highschool.  But making a 3D game isn't very hard at all.  Making it fast
is what's tough.

At 01:33 PM 6/1/98 -0400, you wrote:

>When you get the free time? Heheh, you say that like it is easy. Are you
>really that good? The two true 3d games I know of
>is Daedalus (Andreas Ess) and Labby (Jimmy Mardell). I dont even know if
>labby is truely 3d like Daedulus, but these guys are the best (top 5) Z80
>programmers around.. Are you taking a 3D algorithmic class in college right
>now?
>
>-Matt
>
>>I'd like to write a 3D game for the calc that's similiar to Wolfenstien 3d.
>> Maybe when I get more free time.  Has anyone played Daedalus for the 85?
>>How fast was it, what did it look like, and did it use grayscale?  Sorry,
>>but I don't have access to a TI-85 right now.

>>>Yeah 16 would be about the limit maybe too much, may flicker a lot too (as
>>>much as the old 8 level routine I hope) I would have to highly optimize it
>>>using IM 2 and it would require a whole 3 * 1024 = 3072 bytes of free
>memory
>>>plus the 1024 bytes in the display area.
>>>
>>>Call me obssessed, but I had a dream that Kirk Meyer wrote some 3d game
>that
>>>screwed with the LCD and caused it to have
>>>the shades of gray be "shades of purple" instead. Then I work up (5:22
>A.M.)
>>>and now I am checking my mail.. Why?
>>>
>>>;-)
>>>
>>>Later,