Re: A86: Displaying Strings

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Displaying Strings

everyone that doesn't know that "call D_HL_DECI" is the same as "call
$4a33"  D_HL_DECI is an old zshell address that also exists on the 86.
But thanks for responding.
	 Also i was exploring using what I call "bitkey" (kinda like
getkey) and I found out that again it is the same as in the 85.  Bitkey,
or reading the keyboard port directly allows for direst detection of key
pressing.  For example if you were making a space invader game you want
the player to be able to move his ship left or right instantly after they
press the button, however getkey would make the ship move once pause and
then move the ship.  This sucks because obviously you can't play it too
well if you have to tap on the left or right key just to get a smooth
responce.
	My problem is that when i use bitkey to exit (assign a key to
exit and use ports to see if it's held down) the key press continues into
TI-OS.  How do I clear the keyboard port so that no key carries into
TI-OS.  Maybe I should just use getkey for exit procedures.  Anyway if
anyone wants the bitkey table posted email me of find it in lesson 7 of
the zshell school by Jimmy Mardell.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

Follow-Ups: References: