A86: 86 interrupts?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: 86 interrupts?

Hi again..

Do any of you guys know if the link port is messed with in any
of the interrupts? I've noticed that when you plug in a link
cable (I.E a PC || link) the cursor will freeze for a second or
so. Seeing as how the link port probably does not generate
a physical insertion interrupt (there is no switch in it, I don't
think) I'm wondering how the calculator knows a link cable has
been inserted. What I think is happening is the ground band of the
cable is coming in contact with the signal lines as the connector
is inserted and the calculator times out waiting for another 7
bits and/or an acknowledge for the one erroneous bit. However,
in order for it to detect this bit at all there has to be something
actively examining the TI link port when the calculator is at the
home screen.

If there is indeed a link port interupt, would it need to be disabled
for a user assembly program that is using the link port? The E2-86
driver is causing all sorts of random timeouts and I'm wondering if
there isn't some interrupt I don't know about playing with the link
port along with my driver.

Thanks and regards,

--
Bryan Rittmeyer