Re: A86: AShell Enhanced 1.2 Released

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: AShell Enhanced 1.2 Released

>From listown@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se Wed Jan 21 19:22:18 1998
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 21:54:30 +0000
>From: "Bill N." <b.nagel@usa.net>
>To: assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: A86: AShell Enhanced 1.2 Released
>Sender: owner-assembly-86@lists.ticalc.org
>

>TurboSoft wrote:
>
>> In a message dated 98-01-20 20:56:11 EST, you write:
>>
>> << Believe it or not, renaming programs is what caused MegaRacers to
screw
>> up,that
>>  input prompt had to be removed, so you can no longer rename progs,
but
>>  you still can rename categories.  In the next version, I'll imporve
>> protection in
>>  case
>>  a friend gets a hold of your calc. >>
>>
>> oh.  l didn't rename the MegaRacers game though, l don't think...
>> Also, now when l play plainjump (86 asm version) l will lose all my
lives
>> everytime l fall off of the plain.  ex: l fall off, and the screen
says "Lifes
>> left: 6".  Then anytime l press any button, it immediately says
"Lifes left:
>> 5" and so on until l get game over.  so pretty much what happens
through a
>> series of those is you fall off and you get game over.  Now, This
same program
>> worked fine with ASE 1.0.  Since l got 1.2, it started doing that.
>> What kind of password protection are you going to implement now?
>>
>> Overall, l think that ASE is one of the best shells out there, for
any calc.
>> Just the fact that it can run assembly from other calculators (and
possibly
>> more in the future) makes it the best.
>
>It didnt matter if you renamed MR or not, the input routine is that
bad!
>Glad you like ASE,
>Bill

Just wondering, but why all the emphasis on resetting the calc's mem
before running new versions of ASE?  You never really said anything
about this is a few of the previous versions...

In reference to the previous post about certain games crashing after
installing ASE after resetting, I recommend you try NOT resetting first.
I've never reset my calc before installing new versions of ASE (I've
always found the fact that not having to clear your mem to install a new
shell was part of the novelty of the 86) and I've never had anything
crash/work improperly on me yet.  Even Plain Jump and Drugwars.

*Shrug*