Re: A86: Re: listing files / finding file length

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: listing files / finding file length

>to the original poster of the above.. WHAT DO YOU MEAN??? .. i'm
guessing
>since you're writing in A86. you have a ti86.. and i'm guessing you're
>REAL BEGINNER?? (not making fun of you)
>
>or do you mean how to do these IN A PROGRAM..?? or just how to do
them...

>RENAMING FILES.
>type the file out.. if file name (on the calculator) is   GAK  then
type
>GAK.. and press the STORE key (STO ->)   and then type the name you
want
>it.. (that'll also copy it) then either delete the old file (GAK) or
just
>leave it.
>
>LISTING FILES:.. and find their LENGHT..  go to  MEM  (2nd 3) pick
>DELETE. then pick ALL (DON'T press ENTER unless you want to delete the
>file/s) now use either the F1/F2 keys (to page up/down) or the arrow
>keys. UP/DOWN.. to look at the files.. and the lenght.
>
>making NEW FILES:
>depends on what you want to make..  for instance..  a NEW PROGRAM.. go
>PRGM.. (program) pick F2 (EDIT) and TYPE the name you want to call it..
>then start programming..
>making a new LIST..   go to LIST.. pick EDIT.. and type your list
name..
>or use xstat ystat.. etc..
>
>DELETE FILES: read the section above under "LIST FILES"
>
>ADDING DATA TO FILES:
>depends on what "data" it is.. if it's a PROGRAM.. go to PRGM.. PICK
>EDIT.. pick your PROGRAM name/file  and add your "data" where you want
>it..
>if it's a list.. go to LIST.. EDIT.. pick the LIST name.. and "add your
>data"
>etc..etc..
>
>and again.. try reading your Manual.. these are really basic.. and your
>questions really didn't make sense.. give us some more info..
>---
>-nXt
>   nxt@geocities.com     http://nxt.home.ml.org  OR:
>   nxt@juno.com
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Way/6521

I read the manual, but it didn't seem to have any info on doing this (or
anything else for that matter) in an assembly program. Like in pascal
(at least the DOS version), you can tell it to do stuff like give you a
listing of the current directory, check the amount of space left on a
drive, and stuff like that. I want to find out how to do this in
assembly 86 (that's why I posted the msg to the assembly-86 list)

About the renaming files, say I drop out of asm to basic to do that.
That means I need a lot of free space to rename (enough to copy the file
first). I know there is a more efficient way because when you send a
file to the calc over the link and there's already a file with the same
name, it asks you if you want to rename the file.

Basically, to clear up what I said before, I'm looking for info on how
to rename files, manipulate data in them, find their lengths and list
all the files on a calc from an ASM program.

Muhammed