Re: A86: ASHELL

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ASHELL

<< My screen name is ESDavid.  As long as we're off subject, what is a masked
name?
 I just dumped AOL and got an ISP.  I was the one using ESDavid on AOL. >>

whoops!  my bad.  l just remembered that this was a mailing list.
Anyway, a masked name is when someone not on AOL will have an e-mail extension
"@aol.com".  This keeps people from sending mail back to that particular
person (internet mail users send it to AOL, who rejects it, and AOL users have
it returned because they can't find a screenname which is that before the
"@aol.com).  Juno recently brought up a lawsuit against people who were using
their extension ( juno.com ) without subscribing to their E-mail service to
solicit crap.