A86: Secure86

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Secure86

This was stated in the readme file for the Secure86 program:
   If I forgot all of my passwords and it is locked, how do I get out of it?
   Well, there's no way to get out except to reset your calculator. Turn the
   calculator on so the program is at the password entry screen, and pull out
   one of the AAA batteries.
This doesn't seem to reset my calculator (or any of my friends', we all have
ROM v1.2).  instead it just turns off and then, upon popping the batteries
back in, displays the home screen (sometimes leaving some weird characters on
the first line).  it doesn't reset the calculator, just exits the program.
should there be a way to keep the program running in memory?  l know that some
stuff can be corrupted when taking a battery out when it's running, but if it
can return to the homescreen, can it still keep running if certain calls are
made or something?