Re: A86: Shell Name

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Shell Name

On Wed, Feb 25, 1998 at 10:34:08PM -0700, Klukan wrote:
> > D: DNA('s)
> > N: NOT
> > A: ASE
> >
> > Mmmmh :)
> > ~
> > ~
> > :wq
>
> Actually, I don't think Bill would appreciate that one.  ASE is a good
> shell and I don't believe I should name my shell to put down another.

Ehy, I didn't want to denigrate ASE. I think it's a splendid shell (it is the
one I have on my calc), but it is also one of the most famous...
My acronym does'nt mean 'My Shell is Better than That one', it just mean 'My
Shell is NOT that one'... better or worse I don't know.
You know, also GNU software's initials mean

Gnu's
Not
Unix

but it doesn't denigrate Unix, on the contrary, in most cases software running
on Unix machines is GNU software.
Nevertheless I agree, DNA could easily misunderstood... So I withdraw it :)
I hope I haven't offended anyone, I haven't the intention.

Bye
	Stefano

--
Stefano Bonora