A86: The WinSCAPE Multitasker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: The WinSCAPE Multitasker

l have read the articles (TIB: Multitasking) and am considering a route to
create a Multitasker with Link capabilities for the TI-86 (and for the 85
without the Link options).  It would be primarily in Basic (so that Basic
programs, which there are more of, can be easily incorporated with it), but l
know how to draw lines and text and stuff like that in assembly to make it a
little faster and smaller.  l am thinking that, if l make a common program
that these Basic program can use often (like one that just waits for a key to
be pressed) then l could allow for that program to be paused, and another one
to be run from there.  There are three things right now that l will need help
with:

Somebody is going to have to help me get my link connection to work (read
"link software with parallel port for the 86") on this list.

l will need to have a routine in assembly which can convert the name of a
particular program (stored as a string) into a program.  (ex: if the program's
name is ABC, then l would want this to happen
PROGRAM:execute
:ABC
so that whatever the program's name is will be inside of a program named
execute .

And also, l need for somebody to tell me what is wrong with loading the hex
value  30  into any register b thru e and then calling lLine.  My calculator
locks up when l do.

As far as l can tell, it will be easy to convert programs to work with this
Multitasker and be able to move to many programs at one time.

 <A HREF="mailto:turbosoft@aol.com">turbosoft@aol.com</A>