Re: A86: Re: Template Calls?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Template Calls?

At 18:17 1998-02-20 -0700, you wrote:

>At $28CB (on ROM version 1.2) is a routine which places a call to any ROM
>page.  It's format is:
>    call $28CB
>    .dw addr    ;address on
>    .db page    ;this page
>However, do not use this call because it may not be the same on all ROM
>versions.  It is however essential in dissassembly etc.

It's at $496F on ROM page $0D, but I'm not sure why anyone
would use it, because you can't change the contents after
the call... You could get the address to it, and put it in
your own program, but that would still serve no purpose,
since the function you call with that routine most likely
is probably not at the same address on all ROM versions.

--
Real name: Jimmy Mårdell
IRC......: Yarin

Follow-Ups: References: