Re: A86: Menu Bar Highlights

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Menu Bar Highlights

> Can someone give me some code for a menu type system where the current
> option is displayed with white on black text? I've tried many things,
> but I keep running into problems that I'm sure could be worked around
> MUCH more efficiently. I'm using the _vputs call, so it does involve
> some multiplication (which I have figured out). Also, the highlighted
> text is only about 10-15 letters on the far right of the screen. I'm
> having trouble making the loop work for every menu option instead of
> doubleing the code for each option.
>
> Thanx,
> Dave
>
> PS: Sorry if I sound lame, I just can't seem to get it to work.

     You don't sound lame.

I don't know if this will help or not, but it's a POINTER BASED MENU
SYSTEM I was working on during christmas break.. It's pretty cool and has
a built in calendar(THAT WORKS!)  look at it and see if it helps at all.

I fyou can't figure that out  (it's real sloopy and undocumented code)
here is a simple algorithm

define  [maxitems] total number of items in the list
           [itemnum] the number of the item selected 1-maxitems

ld hl,ITEMS
for i = 1; i < itemnum ;i++
    _puts hl
end for
REVERSE WRITING
    _puts hl
for j = itemnum+1; j<maxitems;j++
    _puts hl
end for

ITEMS:
    .db "item 1          ",0
    .db "item 2          ",0

just fool around with that idea..  you want to loop through all the items
BEFORE the selceted one, the change to reverse writing and display that
seleceted item, then change back to regular writing and loop through the
remaining items.

good luck.

--
Trent Lillehaugen
Computer Engineering Major

Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-h_auto_file; name="menus.h"
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-asm_auto_file; name="IN2.ASM"
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-h_auto_file; name="CAL.H"
Warning
Could not process part with given Content-Type: application/x-unknown-content-type-TI86.Program; name="IN2.86P"