A86: Re: odd thing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: odd thing

Yeah I wholeheartedly agree about not having to give out everything, because
what's out there right now is sufficient to write games, which is what most
people like.

But how about documenting the "user hooks" you once mentioned.  It's kind of
annoying to know that I could write some of those great "asap" plug-ins to
do math stuff in ASM.  Believe it or not some people user calcs for calculus
and stuff!!!  But so far nothing has been written or explained.  If the
intent was to allow users their own plug-ins, we need info.  Nothing
special, just maybe a quick text file, an snip of code to explain, and
that's it.

Things like:

1. All the asap/ plug-in stuff (installing/uninstalling) which leads to...
2. Menus and their structures and calls that display them (Im sure you don't
program each menu to display itself....and its been shown on the list)
3. Writing your own functions (like that Stat Beta ..I love it)
4. Some more stuff on inputting (numbers and strings).
5. The user interrupt and the keyboard interrupt (does this exist?)
6. Every single call in the ROM!!! (Just kidding!)

You could say that some of the stuff above has already been "hacked", but at
expense of time.  I think that if you went ahead and just gave out some of
this stuff, it would benefit TI, because of the increase in usbaility of the
calc and consequently more support and programs for new users. (Kinda like
id Software and Quake/Quake 2).

Example....People (Jimmy Märdell) have already been talking about projects
on symbolical differentiation.  Can you imagine being able to type this on
the home screen:

sDeriv("x^3+x+4",x)        ;"s"mbolic derive the expression with respect to
x!!
                                    ;And getting:    "3x^2+1"   (is that
right)?

Anyways, just my thoughts,

Andres Garcia
xrigel@q-net.net

P.S. I wonder if I'll get a response from Pat?