Re: A86: very very odd

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: very very odd

At 02:06 PM 2/15/98 -0600, you wrote:

>i dont think that it would be a way to find out 'illegal' disassembly of
>rom. lets face it, if TI didnt want us to disassemble the rom and find out
>the calls for the calc they woulda made a documentation of the entire set of
>rom calls and woulda had it ready by the time it hit the stores.

I agree; sometimes TI's motives in a lot of things seem a little suspect.
I see a lot of "some things man was not meant to know" kind of attitude in
the way TI kind of trickles out information of varying usefulness.  I know
a little bit of business theory, and I can't think of a single reason why
TI doesn't release all they know about programming ASM on the 86,
ESPECIALLY since the built in asm support was a major advertising point.

Robby Gutmann
gutmann@planet-connect.com
ICQ UIN: 724927      Agonostis on IRC

"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning,
he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing
wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'."
	-- Rincewind discussing Twoflower
	   (Terry Pratchett, The Colour of Magic)

Follow-Ups: References: