Re: A86: Getting rom on my calc with a Terminal (commo)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Getting rom on my calc with a Terminal (commo)

> All right.  I read the .txt on rom86 and it said to get a terminal
> program like commo.  After i got the terminal program on my
> computer, i loaded rom86 on my calculator.  I pressed 2nd as
> usual, and some wierd stuff starting filling the screen as
> expected.  One problem, what am i doing?  How do i make
> the terminal program download specifically to "ti86.rom".  I
> wouldn't have come here if i havent fooled with it hours already.

I was able to get it no problem.. this is an exerpt that came out of an
"updated?" version of that text file:

Dumping the ROM with Commo
--------------------------
Press ALT+P to bring up the modem settings.  Press C and adjust the
speed to
9600 bps and select the appropriate COM port for your graphlink.  Press
ALT+1
to bring up the capture file dialog box.  Type in the directory and
filename
for the file you want to save the ROM as.  Before closing the box, press
ALT+R
to select raw transfer mode.  Press Enter to close the box and then
start the
transmission from your calculator.  When it is finished sending data,
press
ALT+X to quit Commo and save your ROM dump.

IT takes about 15 minutes but it DOES work..  You will still see "junk"
that's normal..  actually you'll recognize a lot of things in this
"junk" word and phrases commonly seen on the 86...  good luck

--
Trent Lillehaugen
Computer Engineering Major