Re: A86: Edit lock

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Edit lock

Ok fine, you must be an authority on the subject because you actually did
it, but in case you didn't notice, this is on the TEXAS INSTRUMENTS TI-86
ASSEMBLY list, the question is not about the 85.  Which calculator did
you actually do it on, because using an on-calc memory viewer, and two
programs sent via graphlink software and a TI-86, the editlocked one had
an extra null byte before the program that the normal one didn't,
otherwise they were identical.  Maybe if some flags in other parts of the
ram aren't set, the tokenizer will get confused.  I can't test this as
the memory editor dosen't have an insert function, only overwrite.
---
Andy Johnson
"Change is inevitable...
     except from vending machines"

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 02:04:53 EST TGaArdvark@aol.com writes:

>> Umm.. I think you're all wrong but no offence.  It doesn't change
>the
>> program type.. All basic programs start with a two byte size and
>then
>> a null byte ($00). After that comes the actual text. If you want it
>> to be locked, just add a second null byte after the first..
>
>I find that extremely amusing. Have you actually ever edit-locked
>something by hand? I have both locked and unlocked with calc-
>based hex editors many times. It's $FF for the memory error and
>another variable type for compiled asm. The truth is, I don't
>remember what it was for graphink-locked basic, but I used to
>know and I have taken off those locks before. I can assure you
>that a null character at the beginning will do nothing but return
>a syntax error. Placing a null character at the beginning will
>actually confuse the tokenization routines. When you reopen
>the program, you will find at least the first line (maybe more)
>completely corrupted with tokens/random detokenization
>errors. I HAVE ACTUALLY DONE IT about 6 months ago.
>That's how I originally mapped out all of the 85 basic tokens.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]