Re: A86: Edit lock

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Edit lock

TGaArdvark@aol.com wrote:

> > an edit locked program (as far as i know) has a null (00h) as it's
> last
> > character. can someone verify this?
>
> No, not basic anyway (I think it's a different type of variable for
> asmcomped asm). For basic, it's a $FF anywhere in an un-
> executed portion of the program that has no gotos that go
> across it (Lbl searches crash on $FF's too).

As far as I know, ASM programs cannot be edit-locked.  For BASIC, it is
a $FF character that causes the program to become edit-locked.  I think
that it must come at the end of the program, but I am not sure about
that.  ASM programs do not really need to be edit-locked, since once
they are compiled, there is no way to edit them.  That is unless you
decompile it, which would generate code that is uncommented and is full
of pointers and such.  Anyway, there are programs that can un-edit-lock
programs, so the feature is pretty much useless anyway.

-Jeremy