Re: A86: Shell Development Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Shell Development Question

<< I will probably not emulate the TI-82, since hardly anyone ever uses any
 of its programs on the 86.  I doubt I'll incorporate a feature that will
 allow programs that are more than 12k to run, since it would be quite a
 hassle.  The ON key will act in much the same way with my shell as it
 does with Rascall--it will bring up a menu that allows you to end the
 program, turn off the calculator, and get a screen shot.  Contrast
 adjustment will also be included in this menu.  I may also add a feature
 to turn off the display, but that may not save much power anyway.

yeah.  don't waste time making it work with TI-82 programs.  also having a
"system menu" come up when the ON button is pressed would be one of the
coolest things to have.  l don't exactly know what would be on there, maybe
the status of the link port and the battery level, etc.  maybe the UNDEL menu
contents and stuff like that too.