Re: A86: Shell Development Question

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Shell Development Question

<< I am designing a new ASM shell for the TI-86.  It will have many of the
 same features as Rascall and ASE, and many of its own features.  Since
 some of the ASM programs that I run are TI-85 ZShell/Usgard programs, I
 was wondering if anyone had any information about emulating these
 programs on the TI-86, like ASE and Rascall do.  I would appreciate any
 information that anyone could give. >>

You're really making a new shell for the 86?  Good.

When making your emulation part of it, try to start with that of Rascall.  l
hear that it emulates at least as many programs as ASE does, and it includes a
method of escaping if the program locks up.

Include similar password protection as that of ASE.

Try to make something that will do things like...
if the ON button is pressed, it will turn the contrast all the way down or
turn off the calculator, but when it is pressed again, whatever you were doing
would be restored (such as when solving equations for Algebra and you have to
write the equation and stuff down for a few minutes between using the
calculator) to save power possibly.
Keeping the memory from being reset from the MEM menu.  Toggle this option on
or off inside the shell.

Also try to have it be able to delete/rename programs and to rename groups.
l think that one of the coolest designs would be to have it look sort of like
a rolodex from a side view, like having a 3dimensional view of part of the
rings that keeps it together and "pages" with your programs, and to have
"tabs" on the right that you can use certain buttons to select.