Re: A86: Re: Assembly Studio 86 available

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Assembly Studio 86 available

>not true....all you need to do is tell it to highlight a the part you want
>colored (right after the user has typed the command) and then you can tell
>it to color it and set the cursor back to its normal spot. its not that
hard

Ahh.. I just love how people contradict me when I spend 6 hours trying.
There is no way. Sure I can highlight the words and color them, but how fast
can someone type when the cursor is constantly moving to highlight the
words? There is also flicker - incredible amount, as the words automatically
gets highlighted. Plus what if someone presses enter in a highlighted word?
So why not a line at a time? It doesnt work that way - I cannot tell the
beginning of the line, or the end of the line. Then you have to highlight
the words when someone copies stuff to the clipboard using Ctrl-V. There is
no way to intercept that event, so the user can force his RTF stuff in. If
you dont believe me, try it yourself - maybe it works fine with 50 words.
But try 500. And try pasting stuff in, and try inserting text in the middle
of the highlighted word - its still colored ehh?

-Optic2000