Re: A86: Re: User Interupt routine size

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: User Interupt routine size

> At 18:02 2/2/98 +0000, you wrote:
> >
> >You should probably put it at the end of the program's allocated
> >memory.. It has close to 10k of space and most programs don't use
> >nearly that much.  Most of the time you should have no trouble and it
> >not very hard.. just make a jump to like $F500 and store the actual
> >routine there.. you could easily keep a 1k handler there but you
> >probably should have a handler of that size because it's called 200
> >times a second..
> >
> Yeah, but that might not work after the program shuts down...I think that's
> why the early font programs had to be the first thing installed on the calc
> to work. So unless you take out the interrupt routine when your program
> quits, I wouldn't do that.
>
> --Joshua

Ok, I've used interrupt mode 2 and used the memory close to $F500 to
store the interrupt handler and interrupt lookup table and it worked
perfectly fine.  There is no real problem with this UNLESS you run a
program bigger than about 9k.. I have tried it and it is fine to put
it there.. I could give you the source code to my interrupt handler
if you want. Trust me.. it works.