Re: A86: RE: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #744

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: RE: Assembly-86 Digest V1 #744

>Has anyone tried Steve Gordan's TI-86 emulator?
>
>I am pulling my hair out here trying to figure out how it runs programs. I
>d/led it and joined this list to learn Z80 assembly, and I cannot even get
>this thing to run. I plan on buying an actual TI-86 in the near future, but
>this will have to do for now.
>
>Could someone enlighten me on how to load and run programs on this thing? I
>selected debug mode, clicked run, then loaded a number of programs. I get
>nothing but a blinking cursor. I tried the steps in a different order, with
>similar results.
>
>Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>Brian Deuel

oh i know what you mean.  im not positive but if the emulator your talking
about is a windows one, then i think i got that one.  and i know what your
talking about about it being frustrated.  i jsut figured out how to do it a
couple of days ago.  first off you gotta get a rom image of a ti-86.  which is
a pain in the ass.  you need to get an 86, and a program to read the rom.  or
search around on the internet for someone who will send you a rom image.  but
its supposedly illegal, ooohh,  to jsut give them out.  i think that that is
supposed to make people need an 86 so they can use it but i don't know.  but
anyway.  once you get the rom, it should be ti86.rom save it in the same
directory as the emulator. open up the emulator.  click on debug mode, and
run.  this should say memory clear.  then you simply click on load, and load
in whatever games you want.  then after you load them all in you should save
them instead of loading them all each time you turn on the emulator.  then
click on run mode.  and either type in asm(whatever the game is,  or use a
shell.  just like on a normal 86.  sounds confusing?  well it is.  the biggest
pain is getting a rom image.  i hope this clears you up, but im guessing it
will make you more confused.  =)