RE: A86: SQRXZ HELP!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: A86: SQRXZ HELP!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I had to program different file structures for 86S.

Specifically, the differences are this.

File signature:           **TI85**   ->   **TI86**
Extended signature (hex): 1A 00 0C   ->   1A 00 0C
VAT name:                 ASCIIZ   ->   9 character null padded

Those're the differences, and they do make a difference.  The reason your
graphlink software will read the renamed files is because it looks inside
and sees that it's a TI-85 file, not because the two files are different.

If you change **TI85** to **TI86**, you'll find that the Graphlink software
will no longer open the file due to an invalid format...

Nathan
-----
Stuntman (Nathan Haines) - ICQ UIN#: 2157863
http://table.jps.net/~stuntman/nathan.html
QuickBASIC/Visual BASIC/TI-BASIC programmer (just your basic programmer)
President of Stuntworks - http://www.jps.net/stuntman/