Re: A86: Drawing and spinning a sprite

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On Tue, 15 Dec 1998 22:05:58 EST Jeanne9005@aol.com writes:

>I haven't been paying very much attention to the sprite threads, so
>don't get
>mad at me.  First, how do I draw a sprite of a shape of my choice?

use a second sprite as a mask.  put a 1 everywhere you want to see
through and a 0 where you want it to block.  and the mask to the screen,
then or (or xor) the image over it.

alternatively, you could split the image into horizontal runs, each
having a start offset and a length

>Second,
>how do I spin the sprite a little clockwise if right is pushed, and
>vice versa?  Thanx for your help.

ooh, spinning...  that takes trig!
i would suggest, if possible, to store a copy of the sprite in each
direction it needs to point

-josh

>Glen Solsberry
>www.geocities.com/Area51/Orion/5990

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]