Re: A86: Re: Re: clem's homepage

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Re: Re: clem's homepage

In a message dated 12/12/98 20:57:14 Pacific Standard Time,
assets@eden.rutgers.edu writes:

<< a jealous basic guru was stalking him for a while .. the basic guru must've
 have finally gone beserk >>

That's just wrong. As I said on ticalc.org's boards, BASIC programmers deserve
some respect, too, and the BASIC community should recoginze the difficulty of
programming ASM. BASIC is a wonderful language that has many upsides, and ASM
is the same way. These two should not be in competition, but rather in
harmony. If I rememer right, AShell uses Basic? So does Rascall? And how many
of you ASM programmers out there use string input in your programs? While I
know that it isn't the ASM people causing trouble, just remember that.

And if any BASIC gurus are reading this, ASM programmers have a tough job, and
just appreciate that there are people willing to spend hours making games like
zTetris rather than using BASIC to make a slow, almost unusable Tetris. I'm
doing most of my programming on ASM now, but I still value BASIC as a useful
language for math and "flash card" programs.

Let's give each other some respect.