A86: Efficiency Problem Part II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Efficiency Problem Part II

I am wasting TONS of space in my program with the data. Why? I am using spaces
to complete lines, and I know there has to be a more efficient way of
displaying this stuff. The following is all the strings that have what is
probably wasted bytes in them because they use spaces to finish off a line. Is
there a word wrap routine that can save me all this space?

Intro1: .db "HI. MY NAME IS BOB   THE MACINTOSH. WHAT  IS YOUR NAME?",0
Intro2: .db "Please tell Bob your name. (This will be  added later.)",0
Intro3: .db "YOU HAVE UPDATED YOURJOURNAL, NERD. WOULD YOU LIKE TO READ IT?",0
Intro4: .db "    F1-Yes  F2-No",0
Intro5: .db "I'M SORRY, YOUR      RESPONSE TO THIS     QUERY IS VITAL TO
THEOUTCOME OF THE PLOT.",0
Intro6: .db "March 12- Got beaten up by Nolan again.   This is starting to
make me angry!",0
Intro7: .db "March 15- School is  facinating. Today, I learned about Amoeba
breeding rituals in  AP Bio!",0
Intro8: .db "March 17- Some other physics geeks were   talking about some
kind of legendary    golden pocket pro-   tector!",0
Intro9: .db "March 21- After      spending hours in thelibrary, I found the
source of the legend.I need more info!",0
Intr10: .db "March 23- After hoursof research, I know  how to find the
Golden Pocket        Protector!",0
Intr11: .db "SO, WILL YOU GO AFTERTHIS GLISTENING      SYMBOL?
You bet your TI-86!",0
Intr12: .db "GOOD LUCK! DON'T     FORGET YOUR ALLERGY  PILLS!",0
FightTitle: .db "    Where To...?     ",0
Fi1: .db "High School  ",0
Fi2: .db "Swap Meet    ",0
Fi3: .db "Comm. College",0
Fi4: .db "MIT          ",0
Fi5: .db "???          ",0
FBack: .db "Back         ",0
BlankStatScreen: .db "Allergy Pills  RAM      /                 You Fight With
A                          You Ride A                                ",0
Op1: .db "Extract Revenge",0
Op2: .db "Visit Pharmacy ",0
Op3: .db "Go to Fry's    ",0
Op4: .db "Vehicle Dealer ",0