Re: A86: ase emulation

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: ase emulation

StealthEMG@aol.com wrote:

> Why is it that even though ase has ti-82, and 85 emualation that almost all
> but 2 of the 82 ASH and CRASH games crash the calc (ver 1.2), and many 85
> games crash the calc as well.  I know the 82 varys greatly from the 86, and at
> first I didn't know there was 82 emulation.  Does it have to do with
> calculator specific calls or something?

Yeah, all the rom calls are different on the 82 (and the 85).  The 82
has the added problem of the LCD being a different size, and using a
driver instead of a memory map.  Also, I think the ports on the 82 may
correspond to different things than they do on the 86 (not sure
though).  You can get around these problems to varying degrees, so I'd
say the 82 emulation in ASE simply isn't as refined as the 85 emulation.

Aaron Curtis