Re: A86: Batt Checker

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A86: Batt Checker

>the bc counter was kirk meyer's routine, not the rom.  the rom only gets
>a low/not low indicator so the contrast would only adjust when the
>battery power got REALLY low.
>
>i wonder if you could use the rom's method, but count how long it takes
>for the keyboard mask to expire instead of waiting a fixed amount of
>time.  that would give you something you could use to adjust contrast and
>such.

I thought about that.  The big problem would be that if you got an unwanted
keypress, it would cause the clock to produce some wacked out number.  It
might be possible to use bit 7 of the port though, if that functions the
same as the other bits.

Another problem is that it's accuracy would depend on how well you could
measure t-states; since I don't see how you could loop, increment a counter,
and read from the port in anything less than about 25 t-states, you are
losing that much accuracy.