A86: Program flow

[Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Program flow

I have a question about program flow and the ret function.  The best way to
explain my question is with this little example.

 code
 jp keyloop
 more code

keyloop
  some code for getting a string

How do I return from the key loop to where I left off in the code?  Does the
ret function do this, or that only to quit to the TI-OS?  I will need to call
the getstring function from many different places in my program, so I can't
just use a jump.  This is probably an easy question, so I hope I'm not making
it more complicated than it needs to be.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bowser