A86: Re: Input Routines

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Re: Input Routines

I haven't found a really good character input routine, but this is a good
number input routine:(I don't know how to call it though, e-mail Ahmed
El-Helw for how to call it, and when you find out how, please e-mail it to
me, because he hasn't told me yet)
This doesn't implement backspace:
input:
   ld hl,0
InputLoop:
   push hl
   call _getkey
   cp kEnter
   ret z
   pop hl
   sub k0
   jr c,InputLoop
   cp 10
   jr nc,InputLoop
   ld d,h
   ld e,l
   add hl,hl
   add hl,hl
   add hl,de
   add hl,hl
   ld e,a
   ld d,0
   add hl,de
   add a,'0'
   call _vputmap
   jr InputLoop

and that is exatly how to do a variable, but you can do:
variable:
    .db $00
Jbrett
tbarwick@esn.net
http://ww2.esn.net/~tbarwick
I just added a TI-86 page, Check it out!!!