A86: Rascall Locked problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

A86: Rascall Locked problem

[Sorry if you've received this twice..testing a second mailbox
 - Please tell me if you have received this twice!]

The program that I am writing stores data in a string, of variable
size.  Therefore, each time my program exits it must delete the string
and create a new one (of the new size).

To delete the string I am calling _delvar.  Am I right in thinking
that this does not return anything as to whether it was succesful?

My problem occurs when the Rascall "Locked" option is on.  Although my
program does not crash, the beginning of the data does get corrupted,
thus causing my program to crash the next time it is run.

My question is therefore, how do I temporarily disable Rascall's
locking?  (Do I need to temporarily rename a sqrt program?)

Hoping for a reply, Anthony.
--
Anthony J. Doggett                     |