Original text

From: TGaArdvark@aol.com, on 8/12/98 11:05 AM:

I found a dangerous bug in ROM 1.2.  This may have already
been discovered, please tell me if it was.  Pat@ti, you listening?
I was installing some programs on my calculator this morning.
I loaded a bunch of stuff on it, ran ASE, and then looked to
see what it all was.  I found an uncompiled asm program so
I left ASE and ran it from the OS (since you can't run it from
ASE).  I got an error and had it goto.  Somehow, a bunch of
basic commands had been added to somewhere in the middle
oof the program.  This was all fine and dandy so I deleted the
program.  When I restarted ASE, the opening screen for the
program I just deleted appeared on the screen and then my
calculator crashed.

What happened is simple.  ASE was loaded into asm_exec
when I was looking at the programs.  Then I ran the damaged
uncompiled asm program from the homescreen.  The OS
began loading it into asm_exec until the error in the middle
interrupted it.  When I reran ASE, the calculator checked
and found that ASE was the last program run and assumed
that it was still in asm_exec when actually half of the
damaged program was.  Someone want to see if this bug is
in 1.3 also?